Hearing loss is often a gradual process, making it easy to ignore the subtle changes in your ability to hear sounds. Even though children are regularly tested, the majority of adults don’t even think about scheduling a hearing exam like they would their vision. So why would your hearing be any less relevant than your eyesight?
Here are 6 reasons to have your hearing tested on a regular basis:
- Spotting the Signs: Everyday situations can expose potential hearing issues. Do you frequently need people to repeat what they said? Do you have a hard time hearing in noisy settings? Are you continually cranking up the volume on your TV? If you answered “yes” to the majority of these questions, it’s time for a hearing test.
- Following Guidelines: The American Speech-Language-Hearing Association recommends hearing screenings every decade until age 50, and every three years thereafter.
- Family History Matters: If other members of your family have hearing issues, this is an excellent reason to schedule a hearing exam with us.
- Establishing a Baseline: We will use baselines, which will give a reference frame for further comparison to track changes to your hearing over time.
- Early Diagnosis and Treatment: Problems, like earwax accumulation, or noise-induced hearing loss, can be identified early on by routine hearing exams, preventing further damage.
- Diagnose Medical Conditions: Hearing loss can on occasion signal root medical disorders like diabetes, high blood pressure, cardiovascular disease, or kidney disease. Treating these conditions could improve your hearing.
Your physical safety, emotional well-being, and social life are some of the extensive consequences of untreated hearing loss. Hearing aids can significantly improve your hearing and total quality of life, permitting you to fully take part in conversations, enjoy social gatherings, and remain alert to important sounds in your environment.
Don’t miss out on important work meetings, your grandchildren’s laughter, or a loved one’s voice.
Make an appointment for a hearing test with us today to safeguard your hearing health and rediscover the sounds that enhance your life.