Developing a consistent exercise routine does wonders for our health, but it can be challenging to remain motivated before and during the workout.
Let’s admit it, the act of exercising itself is usually not pleasant. We do it largely for the results and future health benefits, but it can be tough to get through the fatigue and pain of the actual exercises.
That’s why the majority of people look for ways to take their minds off the actual work, commonly by listening to music.
Music not only presents a diversion but also yields the inspiration and stimulation required to maximize effort. You might not feel like hitting the gym today, but put on your favorite music and all of a sudden you’re charged and ready to go.
This is where hearing aids can be helpful for individuals with hearing loss.
With compatible hearing aid models, you can stream your favorite music directly from your music player or smartphone to your hearing aids—without any wires getting in the way.
Alternatively, if you’re in the learning frame of mind, you can also stream your favorite podcasts or internet based courses, developing both your mental and physical health at the same time.
Have an exercise partner instead?
The latest hearing aid models, furnished with directional microphones, target and boost speech while curbing background noise, making it easier to maintain a discussion with your partner in a busy gym.
For all of these reasons hearing aids are essential gym equipment, but you may be concerned about possible damage to the device from sweat and moisture.
While most hearing aid models are resistant to dirt and wetness to some extent, there are a few accessories you can use to preserve your hearing aids at the gym.
Give some thought to investing in:
- Hearing aid sweatbands – these absorbent sleeves fit over your hearing aids, protecting them from sweat and dirt.
- Hearing aid clips – helps to avoid damage or loss if your hearing aids become inadvertently dislodged from your ears.
- Batteries – retaining an extra pair on hand assures you won’t run out of power mid-workout.
- Cleaning kits – helps clean and sanitize your hearing aids post-workout.
- Hearing aid dehumidifier – well worth investing in for three reasons: dehumidifiers 1) remove moisture, 2) sanitize using UV light, and 3) supply a safe place for overnight storage.
With a little care and planning, you can safely enjoy all the benefits of hearing aids at the gym.
If you have any questions, or want to find out more about hearing aid accessories for the gym, send us a message or give us a call!